This month is an important week for me. It’s the anniversary of my practice, Balance Chiropractic and Wellness. It’s been an incredible journey, and here’s to many more years! I’d like to take a moment and reflect on why I love my work….
5) Each practice member is unique – we are designed to be ever-changing and dynamic, and for that reason, each treatment is unique as well. I also address a practice member’s health from several different areas (physical, nutritional, emotional, and so forth) so each visit is always new and exciting!
4) I feel blessed to be a part of each of my practice member’s journeys. They share with me their vision boards, their career goals, and their baby news. Wow.
3) I get to talk about my one of my favorite topics all day long – attaining HEALTH!
2) I have the privilege of assisting others with their intention to heal, and function at their optimal level. I am a facilitator for the momentum of healing and health. There is nothing more important than your health – if you don’t have that, what else matters?
1) I have a great team that works beside me each day. Mary Pat at the Front Desk holds down the fort and no detail slides by her! She’s an incredibly warm and caring woman. Joan in Insurance/Billing anticipates every need of the practice, before I even think of it! She is a creative, positive, “bigger-picture” thinker.
Thank you to all who have supported me along the way, and to each person I have the privilege of working with.
In Health, Dr. Kristen
See our Website * Follow us on Twitter * Like Us on Facebook
Instead of sharing health related information in this weeks blog, I’d like to open up with some details on what I actually do all day at work! Simply put, I remove interference for others to allow the body to heal itself. For each unique patient’s presentation, this is different…. it may mean doing food sensitivity testing, a chiropractic adjustment, using the Bio Energetic Synchronization Technique, or Acupuncture care. But everything I do and am passionate about has the same goal in mind : remove the interference to allow our bodies to heal as they innately know how to do.
My techniques and methods are based upon the same basic principal. We as humans were designed to be healthy. We were not designed to be sick or have disease. If you do have malfunction, pain, symptom, or disease, you have had a long term interference in your body’s ability to self regulate and self heal. There is a big difference between a health condition being “common” (i.e. You know many people who have had this same or similar problem) versus it being acceptable and “normal.”
When we have a cut on our finger and it bleeds, we may put a band aid on it. I pose to you this question: is it the band aid that heals the cut ? No, our body heals the cut. The body is an amazing machine, that always knows just what to do.
Something I love about chiropractic is that we are taught not to view a person as a disease, an ICD9 code, or support their health condition defining them as a person. We treat and see our patients as a whole, unique person. There is no such thing as a curable disease…. but there are curable people.