Here are some things that I do when I feel like there’s just not enough time in the day:
1. Take three deeps breaths– in through the nose and out through the mouth, air deep into stomach, eyes closed.
2. I ask myself- in 6 months from now, will this matter?
3. What do I need to focus on RIGHT NOW, to achieve today’s goal? Reprioritize– not everything demanding my attention is critical.
4. Make a list, in order of importance, of all the immediate things that need to be done today.
5. I change my attitude, reminding myself that I am more than capable of making it through today. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your success” -Zig Ziglar
6. Take a 1 minute break– clean some clutter off the desk or get a cup of tea. Try giving yourself a mini massage— rub your neck, jaw, temples, and gently squeeze the skin of your eyebrows.
Little actions can become habits over time. The smallest thing can make a huge difference in my day. How do you form little habits like this? Don’t force yourself to do them. Do them because you want to. Post a sticky note on your desk or mirror. Be conscious of what you want to achieve. Take it one step at a time.
Stress can be detrimental to your health. It can destroy your immune system, decrease mental function, cause hormonal imbalances, heart problems and even sexual dysfunction. Learning easy habits to combat stress will help immensely on your journey to living well.
Have a unique way that you fight stress or the feeling of being overwhelmed? We want to hear about it!